The Tug Boat Classic
Tug-a-lug! Despites it's small size, the Tug Boat Classic pulls a heavy load. This combo amplifier is loud enough to play on the stage, elegant enough for the studio, and still manageable in the bedroom. 8 watts of Class A tube power are delivered into a 10" speaker demonstrating the best of discrete, analog and point-to-point circuitry. The single pre-amp tube is exchangeable with four types - 12AU7, 12AY7, 12AT7 and 12AX7. The single power tube is also interchangeable - 6L6, EL34, KT66, KT77, KT88, 6550 and 5881 all work wonderfully in this amplifier. We ship the amp with a single KT77 and a single 12AX7 and leave the rest up to you! Each combination yields rich harmonic character from American-style sweet cleans to barky, British distortion.
The Tug-Boat features a six-step attenuator for scaling your volume to the room you are playing. At the lowest setting (-21db) you will be able to play all night without disturbing anyone in the house! At full power you will be able to perform at nearly any small to medium size stage.
The Tug Boat features a single 10" Jensen Electric Lightning speaker.
- 8 watts, with 6-step Attenuator power control
- Cathode biased, class A power amp design offers low maintenance and high reliability
- High impedance instrument input
- Volume and Tone controls
- Your choice of Ruby Red, True Blue, or Capital Black color schemes. Please specify in order comments, or contact us about custom color options.
- (1) KT77 power tube, (1) 12AX7 pre-amp tube
- (1) Jensen Electric Lightning 10" Speaker
- 18" Wide, 14-1/4" Tall, 12" Deep
- Lifetime warranty on workmanship and parts, excluding tubes