The Broken Amp Simulator
Now in stock, ready to ship!
"If it ain't broke ... buy a BROKEN AMP SIMULATOR"
Ever since the tune "Rocket 88" hit the airwaves, guitar players have looked for ways to capitalize on their malfunctioning equipment. Overdrive, distortion, fuzz, sub octave - all of these sounds came from equipment that was behaving, well... poorly! Nowadays, the sound of distortion is as common as a cold, but we don't necessarily want our expensive and otherwise reliable equipment to catch it.
That's where Captain Jake's Broken Amp Simulator comes in - a bona fide speaker rippin', tube slippin contortioner of distortion. The B.A.S. features five knobs to tweak the sounds of old-school boosts, 60's fuzzes, high gain distortion and noisy sub-octave bit crushing sounds.
- "GAIN" controls the amount of distortion or fuzz on the front of the pedal circuit
- "VOLUME" controls the amount of output voltage coming from the pedal, match this setting with your bypass volume
- "TONE" controls amount of low-end modulation on the feedback circuit
- "MAL" controls voltage coming into the pedal circuit
- "FUNCTION" controls the bias, or operating current, in the pedal circuit
- Lifetime warranty on workmanship and parts
The B.A.S. is a true-bypass pedal that operates on a 9v battery, or, a negative-center BOSS style power supply. All of the parts used in this pedal are full-sized, amplifier-quality parts, and like our other products, we back this pedal with a lifetime warranty.
Here's some videos of suggested settings!
Broken Amp Simulator Tele Demo
Broken Amp Simulator Les Paul Demo